Issels® Treatment -
Advanced Immuno-Oncology Treatment of Cancers
Every cancer patient has his/her individual cancer due to inherited genetic predisposition and very different causes and conditions, such as lifestyle, environment, infections, and other influences.
Therefore, the Issels® treatment protocols are highly personalized through very special testing methods – including genomic – to meet our patients' individual needs. Our protocols are integrative, not only focusing on the cancer cells and tumors, as our body's natural defenses are a very complex mechanism requiring a comprehensive treatment.
The Issels® Integrative Immuno-Oncology protocols have two lines of approach, each aspect is of equal importance and both complement each other:
- Therapies specifically directed against the cancer cells and tumors, such as non-toxic cancer vaccines and cell therapies, as well as gene-targeted cancer therapies and personalized standard cancer treatment protocols if needed.
- Non-toxic immunobiologic core treatment to alter the tumor microenvironment which plays a pivotal role in cancer progression or regression and healing.
Our program is a treatment that is applicable for all types and all stages of cancer.
Watch over 40 videos of Issels® cancer patient testimonials
Issels® Integrative Immunotherapy Programs for Cancer
Our Integrative Immunotherapy Programs as of 2014 have been refined through decades of extensive clinical experience with the integration of non-toxic cancer vaccines into a personalized immunobiologic core treatment program.
The vaccines work on the cellular level of the immune system, whereas the core treatment also addresses the various other levels of the body’s complex inherent defense properties.
Issels® Integrative Immuno-Oncology protocols include various combinations of the following modalities depending on individual diagnosis.
Issels Cancer Treatment Vaccines
• Autologous Dendritic Cell Vaccine. Dendritic cells are key regulators of immune responses and orchestrate innate and adaptive immunities. They are the most potent antigen-presenting cells and have the potential to invoke an anti-tumor immune response.
• Coley’s Mixed Bacterial Vaccine. Use of the vaccine opens blockades in the body matrix (all solid, semi-solid and fluid connective tissues), stimulates the production of the body's own interferons, interleukins, colony stimulating factors, tumor necrosis factor and other potent disease fighters.
• Prostate Cancer Vaccine. This vaccine is designed to stimulate a patient's immune system to target prostate cancer cells. The preparation of the vaccine involves culturing the patient's peripheral monocytes in vitro in the presence of a recombinant growth factor, special cytokines and their own prostate-specific antigen, which is fractionated into peptides in order to achieve a more specific immune response.
Immune Enhancement Protocols
• Activated Natural Killer Cells - Also known as NK Cells. NK Cells are autologous natural killer cells, a type of lymphocytes of the innate immune system that in the presence of Interleukin-21 and special cytokines are expanded and activated to destroy cancer cells.
• Autologous Cytokines to continue boosting the immune system during the home care program.
• Extracorporeal Photopheresis. (FDA-approved for cutaneous T-Cell lymphoma based on research by Richard L. Edelson, Carole L. Berger, et al., Yale University, USA) to provide immunomodulatory properties.
• Lymphokine-Activated Killer Cells - Also known as LAK Cells. These cells are autologous lymphocytes that in the presence of Interleukin-2 are expanded and activated to destroy cancer cells.
• Stem Cell and Lymphokine-Activated Killer Cell Procedure. This treatment involves the activation of lymphocytes in vivo. Stem cells aid in the repair of organs and tissues damaged by cancer, previous cancer treatments or chronic and degenerative conditions.
• Systemic Hyperthermia. Systemic Hyperthermia enhances immune functions.
>> Back to top
The Issels® Comprehensive Immunobiologic Core Treatment
Our Immunobiologic Core Treatment has been shown to enhance the effectiveness of the vaccine treatment, as well as that of standard treatments, and reduce the latter's toxic side effects.
- Acupuncture, Massage, Lymph Drainage, and Physical Therapy are part of our comprehensive program.
- Anticancer Intravenous Therapies - using various natural substances such as pharmacologic Vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
- Autohemotherapy - and other immunobiologic therapies to enhance innate immunities
- Chelation - to help eliminate heavy metals and other substances from the body.
- Colon Hydrotherapy - to cleanse the colon and restore its health.
- Detoxification strategies - to help restore the body's regulatory mechanisms.
- Education in Diet and Healthy Lifestyle - we help you maintain a healthy lifestyle focus so when you return home you can continue to improve and embrace healthy living.
- Enzymatic Therapy - with proteolytic enzymes to aid in the elimination of immune suppressive factors and with digestion.
- Glandulars or Glandular Therapy - to regenerate organs such as the liver, thyroid, adrenals, spleen, and other organs.
- Laetrile - to help destroy cancer cells.
- Melatonin - to help stimulate the production of interleukins, which have anti-tumoral properties.
- Nutritional Immunotherapy - with amino acids, antioxidants and probiotics, nutraceuticals, etc.
- Oxidative Therapy - to activate cellular respiration and improve blood oxygenation.
- Photoluminescence Therapy also called
Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation Therapy - to modulate immune response.
- Phytotherapy - to stimulate cancer fighting properties.
- Psychological and Emotional Support - at Issels we treat the whole you - body, mind and spirit.
These treatment components enhance one other and their effectiveness is optimized through their integration into a treatment system that focuses not only on the cancer tumor, but also on its underlying causes. This comprehensive approach is designed to provide the basis for long-term remission and for your healing.
* * * * * * *
A retrospective analysis of NKC counts included 129 cancer patients who underwent the Issels Treatment® program at the Issels Medical Center in Santa Barbara, California. NKC response to Issels Immunotherapy protocol revealed an average 48% increase in absolute NKC levels per patient in approximately 3 weeks.
Additional Options - Advanced Targeted Cancer Therapies
Depending on the individual patient’s needs, we also integrate gene-targeted cancer therapies into the immunobiologic core treatment program.
There are a number of targeted therapies approved in the United States for various types of cancer.
Targeted cancer therapies are medications that block the growth and spread of cancer cells by interfering with specific molecules needed for tumor growth.
Targeted therapies are designed to inhibit only cancer cell replication and tumor growth, whereas traditional chemotherapy-based treatments destroy rapidly dividing cancerous and non-cancerous cells alike.
Targeted therapies, although chemical drugs in nature, are not only less harmful to normal cells and less toxic than traditional chemotherapy, but they have also been shown to improve outcomes in patients who have qualified for this treatment.
The advantage to advanced targeted cell therapy is that most targeted therapies that are recommended are administered orally, which allows patients relative independent control over their dosage and schedule, depending on tolerability.
Experience has shown that Issels® integrative Immuno-Oncology opens up the following therapeutic possibilities:
- Treatment of cancer of all kinds and stages offering a considerable chance of recovery even for patients in advanced stages who have exhausted all standard treatments.
- Follow-up treatment to reduce the rate of recurrence after standard cancer therapy through restoration of the patient's defense and repair functions.
- Non-toxic preventive treatment for patients at risk, and those with precancerous diseases.
- Preparatory treatment prior to surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy to reduce the risk of complications and in qualified cases, to render inoperable tumors operable.
- Treatment of immune disorders and chronic degenerative diseases, which are untreatable by standard methods.
We invite you to learn about the History of Issels® Integrative Immuno-Oncology.
At Issels, thousands of patients have received treatment and many of them have achieved long-term remission of the following cancers:
Adenoarcinoma, Bone Cancer, Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Colon Cancer, Embryonal Teratoma, Kidney Cancer, Liver Cancer, Lung Cancer, Lymphoma, Mediastinal Cancer, Melanoma, Optic Nerve Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Osteosarcoma, Pancreatic Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Rhabdomyosarcoma, Sarcoma, Squamous Cell Cancer, Stomach Cancer, Teratoma, Testicular Cancer, Thyroid Cancer, Uterine Cancer
** DISCLAIMER: The extent of the response to treatment varies from patient to patient, even with similar diagnosis as the internal bodily environment is unique to each individual patient.
For Additional Information on Treatment and Costs
please click here or call 1-888-447-7357.
>> Back to top