Dear Sir or Madame:
Thank you for requesting information about the Issels Integrative Immuno-Oncology. One of our consultants will contact you shortly via phone and email to answer any questions you may have.
In the meantime, we are providing you with general information about our Integrative Immuno-Oncology programs and their costs at our in-patient and out-patient facilities in the USA and abroad.
Issels® Integrative Immuno-Oncology Strategy
Issels Integrative Immuno-Oncology is based on, and an expansion of, the very comprehensive cancer treatment strategy developed by Josef M. Issels, M.D., the world-renowned German pioneer of integrative immunotherapy for cancer. In view of his expertise he was invited to be a member of the German Federal Government Commission in the Fight against cancer. Issels Immuno-Oncology (Issels Treatment®) places equal importance on the elimination of the tumors as well as of the underlying causes for the suppression of the body’s immune, regulatory and repair mechanisms to enable healing. This has been the Issels principle for decades and is one of the reasons for its remarkable long-term remissions of advanced and otherwise non-responsive cancers. Recent cases can be viewed on our website.
Issels® Integrative Immuno-Oncology Locations
- Issels Medical Center in Santa Barbara, California, USA, our out-patient facility, is directed by Dr. Christian N. Issels, the son of Dr. Josef Issels. Dr. Christian N. Issels and his medical team implement state-of-the-art research-based immunobiological treatment protocols. Dr. Christian N. Issels expanded the Issels immunobiological core treatment, which forms the fundamental part of the integrative Issels Immuno-Oncology. The specialized testing method he developed and the resulting core treatment have shown to break through regulatory blockades of the extracellular matrix in a great variety of standard therapy-resistant cancers and render them responsive to immunotherapy, thereby considerably improving outcomes.When indicated, Dr. Christian N. Issels and his medical team integrate advanced gene-targeted cancer therapies into the immunobiological core treatment. Gene-targeted cancer therapies are US FDA approved medications that block the growth and spread of cancer cells by interfering with specific molecules needed for tumor growth and progression of the disease. They are not only less toxic than standard chemotherapy, but they have also been shown to improve outcomes as they are matched with specific gene mutations in patients.The Issels Medical Center is located in the heart of beautiful Santa Barbara, in close proximity to the major hospital, fitness centers, health food stores and a variety of restaurants. Patients from out-of-town find accommodation at special rates in nearby suite hotels meeting all preferences, or fully furnished spacious apartments with ocean view and beach access.
- Issels Integrative Immuno-Oncology is available on in-patient basis in Tijuana, Mexico, as the cell therapies are approved by the Mexican Health Authorities, while in the US they are at present still only available in clinical trials. Our very experienced and compassionate Issels doctors administer the Dendritic Cell Vaccine, the Lymphokine-Activated Killer (LAK) Cell and Activated Natural Killer (NK) Cell therapy program at the most modern hospital of the largest private hospital chain of 22 hospitals in Mexico that meets the highest US and international accreditation standards. The hospital features the most modern diagnostic and therapeutic services and many additional amenities including a pharmacy, an inviting restaurant and community areas, spacious private rooms, 16 suites, 4 master suites and more. To view photos of the facility on our website, please click here.The hospital is located in an upscale commercial area of Tijuana just across the border from San Diego, California.We provide free shuttle service from the airport to the hospital. A heliport is also available at the hospital in Tijuana, Mexico.
Our Immunotherapy programs are based upon decades of extensive experience with the integration of cancer vaccines into the personalized comprehensive immunobiological core treatment designed to restore homeostasis to the internal bodily environment, which is a precondition for long-term remission. This approach distinguishes itself decisively from the mere administration of vaccines and has achieved a unique track record of unusual results.
The Immunotherapy Protocols administered at our in-patient facilities include autologous vaccine and cell therapies that are prepared from the patient’s “own immune cells”, by evaluating and using their molecular profile. Hence, they are “individualized” and specific, which enhances their potency.
Our compassionate doctors have many years of experience in administering various combinations of the following depending on the specific diagnosis:
- Extracorporeal Photopheresis (FDA-approved for cutaneous T-cell lymphoma due to research by Richard L. Edelson, Carole L. Berger, et al., Yale University, USA) provides immunomodulatory properties.
- Autologous Dendritic Cell Cancer Vaccine is designed to stimulate a patient’s immune system to target and eliminate cancer cells. The preparation of the vaccine involves culturing the patient’s peripheral monocytes in vitro in the presence of a recombinant growth factor, special cytokines and their own tumor antigens to achieve a specific immune response. Dendritic cells are key regulators of immune responses and orchestrate innate and adaptive immunities. They are the most potent antigen-presenting cells and have the potential to invoke an anti-tumor immune response.
- Prostate Cancer Vaccine is designed to stimulate a patient’s immune system to target and eliminate prostate cancer cells. The preparation of the vaccine involves culturing the patient’s peripheral monocytes in vitro in the presence of a recombinant growth factor, special cytokines and their own prostate-specific antigen, which is fractionated into peptides in order to achieve a more specific immune response
- Lymphokine-Activated Killer Cells, also known as LAK Cells are autologous lymphocytes that in the presence of Interleukin-2 are expanded and activated to kill cancer cells.
- Activated Natural Killer Cells, also known as NK Cells are autologous natural killer cells, a type of lymphocytes of the innate immune system, that in the presence of Interleukin-21 are expanded and activated to kill cancer cells.
- Coley’s Mixed Bacterial Vaccine stimulates the formation of the body’s own interferons, interleukins, tumor necrosis factor and other potent disease fighters.
- Stem Cell and Lymphokine-Activated Killer Cell Procedure consists of the activation of lymphocytes in vivo. Stem Cells aid in the repair of organs and tissues damaged by cancer, previous cancer treatments or chronic and degenerative conditions.
- Systemic Hyperthermia enhances immune functions.
- Autologous Cytokines or Coley’s Mixed Bacterial Vaccine as home care to continue activating the immune system for the first five months of the home care program.
The dendritic cell vaccine and cell therapies work on the cellular level of the immune system and we integrate them into the comprehensive immunobiological core treatment program that also enhances the humoral and innate immunity as well as the various other levels of the body’s complex defense mechanisms.
The Issels® Comprehensive Immunobiological Core Treatment
Our proprietary immunobiological core treatment protocols are specifically prepared to meet each individual patient’s unique needs, which is the key to their success. Dr. Issels’ extensive non-invasive testing method helps us identify and eliminate deep-lying causal factors for the blockade of regulation of the extracellular matrix and for the cancer growth. It enables us to individualize the treatment plans to an extent that was not possible before and to optimize the synergistic effect of the various treatment components.
Through this causal approach a great variety of standard therapy-resistant cancers have become responsive to immunotherapy and outcomes of the vaccine and cell therapies could decisively be improved.
Research-based non-toxic treatment components are integrated into the personalized treatment protocol according to the following strategy:
- Attack against the cancer and enhancement of overall immune and defense functions by scientifically validated non-toxic substances and treatment modalities.
- Removal of causal factors that are known to impair the body’s regulatory, repair and immune mechanisms and contribute to disease development.
- Repair of damages to organs and organ systems to restore their proper function by glandular therapy and substitution therapy.
- Restoration of innate immunities by biologic immune modulatory treatments.
- Enzymatic therapy with proteolytic enzymes to aid in the elimination of immune suppressive factors and with digestion.
- Oxidative therapy to improve cellular respiration and blood oxygenation.
- Strategies to improve detoxification, i.e. the elimination of metabolic residues, toxic metabolites due to cancer, radiation, chemotherapy and other toxin exposure.
- Education in a healthy lifestyle, nutrition, etc.
This comprehensive approach provides the basis for long-term remission and for healing. It has been shown to enhance the effectiveness not only of the vaccine and cell therapies, but also of standard treatments, and reduce the latter’s toxic side effects.
Integrative Immunotherapy programs can be administered as
- Treatment of patients who have exhausted, or are not candidates for, conventional treatments. Clinical experience has shown that even in advanced stages of cancer an immune response with complete tumor remission can be achieved.
- Treatment in conjunction with Advanced Gene-Targeted Cancer Therapies.
- Follow-up Treatment after conventional treatment to boost the suppressed immune functions, with the aim to reduce the risk of recurrence, and improve the outcomes.
- Adjunctive/Complementary Treatment with the aim to enhance the effectiveness of conventional treatments, and decrease their side effects.
Complimentary Medical Records Review
Patients who would like to proceed are encouraged to fax the reports of the pathology, of the latest PET/CT scan, bone scan, MRI, surgical summary and laboratory examinations:
- For the in-patient facilities, please send the fax to 1.619.615.2233 from the USA and Canada, or 001.619.615.2233 from abroad; or
- For the out-patient facility at the Issels Medical Center in Santa Barbara, CA, please send the fax to 1.805.962.2127.
After thorough evaluation of the medical condition, our doctors will propose an individualized treatment program, if they feel that they can help. We can also schedule a doctor’s consultation by telephone.
Integrative Immuno-Oncology Programs and their Costs
Our Integrative Immuno-Oncology programs are initiated by a two- to four-week intensive treatment at the hospital or clinic and always followed by an immune-stimulating home care program for several months under medical guidance.
Issels Medical Center, Santa Barbara, California, USA
Intensive Immunobiological Treatment Programs
The Issels® immunobiological core treatment as outlined above is an integral part of the comprehensive Issels® Immuno-Oncology treatment programs with the aim to alter the body’s internal environment so that it does not continue to enhance the cancer growth.
The specialized non-invasive testing method developed by Dr. Christian N. Issels enables highly personalized treatment plans taking into account that cancer is a systemic disease and requires a comprehensive whole person approach for a successful treatment.
Our intensive immunobiological treatment programs integrate advanced, safe and research-based treatment modalities. Preference is given to the most effective and least invasive treatment protocols.
The package price for the intensive immunobiological treatment program at the Issels Medical Center in Santa Barbara, California amounts to USD 6,800 per week and can be paid by credit card in weekly increments.
Advanced Gene-Targeted Cancer Therapies are available if indicated.
These therapies are usually covered by insurance.
- Insurance Most private insurance companies will reimburse patients for a portion of treatments received at our centers. References for assistance in obtaining reimbursement are available.
Issels Integrative Immuno-Oncology, Tijuana, Mexico
The Vaccine and Cell Therapy program is administered at the hospital in Tijuana, Mexico. Ambulatory patients have the option to initiate the Dendritic Cell Vaccine, the Lymphokine-Activated Killer Cell and Natural Killer Cell Therapy during a 5- to 7-day program at the hospital, which would cost up to USD 22,500. This price includes the hospital services as well as the Dendritic Cell Vaccine, the Lymphokine-Activated Killer Cells and the Autologous Activated Natural Killer Cells including the 5-month home care supply of Autologous Cytokines or Coley’s Mixed Bacterial Vaccine depending on the individual patient’s condition.
The two-week in-hospital program including the Dendritic Cell Vaccine, the Lymphokine-Activated Killer Cells, Activated Natural Killer Cells, and the Autologous Cytokines or Coley’s Mixed Bacterial Vaccine for five months of home care would cost up to USD 39,300, including hospital services.
The total cost of the treatment program depends on the specific protocol that our doctors will design for the individual medical condition and will be within the range as mentioned above. Patients have the option to extend their in-hospital stay at an additional cost of approximately USD 8,250 per week depending on the medical services required.
Please feel free to get in touch with us regarding our in-patient and out-patient treatment facilities and programs and we will attend to your specific needs.
The toll-free phone number for all Centers is 1-888-447-7357 from the USA and Canada, from overseas 001-888-447-7357.
We look forward to hearing from you and would be pleased to assist you.
Issels Integrative Immuno-Oncology Centers