Every cancer patient has his/her individual cancer due to inherited genetic predisposition and very different causes and conditions, such as lifestyle, environment, infections, and other influences.
Therefore, the Issels® treatment protocols are highly personalized through very special testing methods – including genomic – to meet our patients’ individual needs. Our protocols are integrative, not only focusing on the cancer cells and tumors, as our body’s natural defenses are a very complex mechanism requiring a comprehensive treatment.
The Issels® Integrative Immuno-Oncology protocols have two lines of approach, each aspect is of equal importance and both complement each other:
- Therapies specifically directed against the cancer cells and tumors, such as non-toxic cancer vaccines and cell therapies, as well as gene-targeted cancer therapies and personalized standard cancer treatment protocols if needed.
- Non-toxic immunobiologic core treatment to alter the tumor microenvironment which plays a pivotal role in cancer progression or regression and healing.
Our treatment program is applicable for all types and all stages of cancer, either in combination with standard treatments or on its own.
Issels® Integrative Immunotherapy Programs for Cancer
Our Integrative Immunotherapy Programs as of 2015 have been refined through decades of extensive clinical experience with the integration of non-toxic cancer vaccines and cell therapies into a personalized immunobiologic core treatment program.
The vaccines and cell therapies activate the cell-mediated immunity whereas the core treatment also enhances the various other levels of the body’s complex inherent defense properties.
This comprehensive approach does not only address the cancer tumors, but also with the same importance their underlying causes and conditions in order to reduce the risk of disease progression and recurrence.
Issels® Integrative Immuno-Oncology protocols include various combinations of the following modalities depending on individual diagnosis.
Issels Cancer Treatment Vaccines
• Autologous Dendritic Cell Cancer Vaccine. Dendritic cells are key regulators of immune responses and orchestrate innate and adaptive immunities. They are the most potent antigen-presenting cells and have the potential to invoke an anti-tumor immune response.
• Coley’s Mixed Bacterial Vaccine. Use of the vaccine opens blockades in the body matrix (all solid, semi-solid and fluid connective tissues), stimulates the production of the body’s own interferons, interleukins, colony stimulating factors, tumor necrosis factor and other potent disease fighters.
• Prostate Cancer Vaccine. This vaccine is designed to stimulate a patient’s immune system to target prostate cancer cells. The preparation of the vaccine involves culturing the patient’s peripheral monocytes in vitro in the presence of a recombinant growth factor, special cytokines and their own prostate-specific antigen, which is fractionated into peptides in order to achieve a more specific immune response.
Immune Enhancement Protocols
• Activated Natural Killer Cells – Also known as NK Cells. NK Cells are autologous natural killer cells, a type of lymphocytes of the innate immune system that in the presence of Interleukin-21 and special cytokines are expanded and activated to destroy cancer cells.
• Autologous Cytokines to continue boosting the immune system during the home care program.
• Extracorporeal Photopheresis. (FDA-approved for cutaneous T-Cell lymphoma based on research by Richard L. Edelson, Carole L. Berger, et al., Yale University, USA) to provide immunomodulatory properties.
• Lymphokine-Activated Killer Cells – Also known as LAK Cells. These cells are autologous lymphocytes that in the presence of Interleukin-2 are expanded and activated to destroy cancer cells.
• Stem Cell and Lymphokine-Activated Killer Cell Procedure. This treatment involves the activation of lymphocytes in vivo. Stem cells aid in the repair of organs and tissues damaged by cancer, previous cancer treatments or chronic and degenerative conditions.
• Systemic Hyperthermia. Systemic Hyperthermia enhances immune functions.
The Issels® Comprehensive Immunobiologic Core Treatment
The Issels® immunobiologic core treatment is a highly personalized, proprietary blend of research-based non-toxic therapies which form an essential part of the Issels® Immuno-Oncology. This treatment system focuses with equal importance on the elimination of both the cancer tumor and the underlying causes for the immune suppression leading to the tumor.
Cancer is a systemic disease due to many factors and requires a comprehensive whole person approach to treatment. While the vaccine and cell therapies stimulate the cell-mediated immunity, the Issels® immunobiologic core treatment is designed to rebuild and activate also the various other levels of the body’s very complex defense and regulatory mechanisms.
This comprehensive integrative strategy provides the basis for long-term remission and healing. It has been shown to enhance the effectiveness of the vaccine and cell therapies, of the gene-targeted therapies as well as of standard treatments, and reduce the latter’s toxic side effects. Read more »
* * * * * * *
A retrospective analysis of Natural Killer Cells (NKC) counts included 129 cancer patients who underwent the Issels Treatment® program at the Issels Medical Center in Santa Barbara, California. NKC response to Issels Immunotherapy protocol revealed an average 48% increase in absolute NKC levels per patient in approximately 3 weeks.
Advanced Gene-Targeted Cancer Therapies
Depending on the individual patient’s needs, we also integrate gene-targeted cancer therapies into the immunobiologic core treatment program. Targeted cancer therapies are medications that block the growth and spread of cancer cells by interfering with specific molecules needed for tumor growth. Although chemical drugs in nature, they are not only less harmful to normal cells and less toxic than traditional chemotherapy, but they have also been shown to improve outcomes in patients who have qualified for this treatment. Read more »
At Issels, thousands of patients have received treatment and many of them have achieved long-term remission of the following cancers:
Adenoarcinoma, Bone Cancer, Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Colon Cancer, Embryonal Teratoma, Kidney Cancer, Liver Cancer, Lung Cancer, Lymphoma, Mediastinal Cancer, Melanoma, Optic Nerve Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Osteosarcoma, Pancreatic Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Rhabdomyosarcoma, Sarcoma, Squamous Cell Cancer, Stomach Cancer, Teratoma, Testicular Cancer, Thyroid Cancer, Uterine Cancer
Affordability and Qualification
During the last two decades, many cancer patients on a global basis have been facing increasing difficulties regarding insurance coverage, rising co-pay, especially for the newly approved immunotherapy drugs, loss of precious time due to lengthy approval procedures for clinical trials, the risk of being placed into the placebo group, and many other problems.
In our endeavors to help cancer patients receive effective treatment, Issels Immuno-Oncology has devised a geo-logistical structure that makes cutting-edge cancer treatments considerably more affordable and available in a timely manner, without patients running the risk of being placed into the placebo group, nor having to forego the quality of a first class internationally accredited hospital and US based treatment facilities.
The Issels non-toxic immunotherapy with vaccine and cell therapies, as well as advanced gene-targeted cancer therapies, are administered by our experienced doctors whose expertise is reflected in the results you can witness by visiting our extensive library of patient video testimonials.
** DISCLAIMER: The extent of the response to treatment varies from patient to patient, even with similar diagnosis as the internal bodily environment is unique to each individual patient.
For Additional Information on Treatment and Costs please click here or call 1-888-447-7357.